Spring 2015 Photo Contest : "Spring into Action"
Win Prizes! Get published in our eBook! No cost to enter!
All Proceeds Benefit the Oak Alley Foundation
All Images Remain Property of the Photographer
Spring 2015 Oak Alley Plantation Photo Contest to Benefit Oak Alley Foundation
Theme: "Oak Alley: Spring Into Action"
All proceeds benefit Oak Alley Foundation, the non-profit which operates the historic Big House ante-bellum mansion and grounds.
Enter in one of Three Categories:
1) Photographic Artist (both Professional and Amateur):
* Photograph is shot and / or processed in HDR.
* Photograph is heavily modified in Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. [more than just minor color corrections and such].
* Photograph has had filters applied from Instagram, etc.
* Infrared photographs, 360-degree photos, panoramic photos, etc.
2) Professional: (If any of these describe you)
* Ever sold a photograph.
* Ever had a photograph published in a magazine or newspaper.
* Ever been paid to take photographs for an event or person.
* Have previously won a photo contest.
* If none of the above categories describe you (or your photo)!
* Copy all of the text in the entry form at the bottom of this page.
* Follow all instructions in the entry form.
- Each category will have a first place, second place, and third place winner.
- Prizes to be awarded in each of the three categories:
• 1st place: An autographed copy of "Capturing Oak Alley" coffee table book, a copy of the eBook of the final entries, and a set of four Oak Alley Commemorative Drinking Glasses by Minion Faget.
• 2nd place: Autographed copy of "Capturing Oak Alley" coffee table book, a free copy of the contest eBook when published, and an Oak Alley ink pen made from actual wood from Oak Alley tree limbs.
• 3rd place: Autographed copy of "Capturing Oak Alley" coffee table book and a free copy of the contest eBook when published.
• The best entries will also be featured in our eBook, FaceBook page, Website, Pinterest board, and more.
Judges and Judging:
-- To be named soon.
Judges will be looking for high quality photographs that show Oak Alley Plantation at its finest, with an emphasis on things that express the "spring into action" theme.
- No cost to enter.
- Photos must be taken from January 1, 2015 to August 14, 2015, and must be taken of and from the Oak Alley Plantation property.
- Photos must be submitted by midnight on August 15, 2015.
- Winners will be announced on, or before, Septemember 15, 2015.
- Open to all ages and all countries. Non-U.S. winners must cover shipping costs of prizes. Participants aged 17 and under must have a parent or guardian submit their photograph(s) on their behalf.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of five (5) photographs. (Submit each file at the highest resolution that you can.)
- All photographs must be the original artwork of, and must be the sole property of, the submitter.
- Photographs must not contain any watermarks, signatures or other insignia identifying the photographer.
- Judges will be looking for high quality photographs that capture Oak Alley Plantation at its finest.
- All decisions by judges will be final.
- Oak Alley Foundation and Oak Alley Plantation employees and their immediate families are able to participate, but are not eligible to win prizes.
- Any photograph that contains nudity, violence, obscenity, profanity, hate speech, pornography or anything considered by Oak Alley Foundation to be offensive in nature will be rejected.
- Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to reject any entry without cause.
- All prizes will be shipped to U.S. addresses. International winners are responsible for shipping charges on all prizes.
- All photographs must be submitted electronically.
- Oak Alley Foundation is not responsible for mis-delivered or lost photographs.
- All photographs remain property of photographer. Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to use photographs in connection with this contest, in an eBook, and in Oak Alley Plantation marketing, without payment, and in perpetuity, around the world. Oak Alley agrees not sell your photograph as artwork or as part of any item, with the exception of the eBook.
- Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to optionally include the photograph in an eBook. eBook maybe given away or used as a fund raising program for Oak Alley Foundation.
- Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to modify the terms of this contest at any time, and without notice.
ENTRY FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS
1) Copy all of the text in this form and paste this form into an email.
2) Fill out the blanks below in your email.
3) Title the email Photo Contest Entry - Spring 2015
3) Attach one photograph per email, in the highest resolution you have it.
4) Send email to: Photos@OakAlleyPlantation.org
Your full name: _________________________________________
Your telephone number : ___ ( )_______________________
Mailing address 1: _________________________________________
Mailing address 2: _________________________________________
City - State - Zip - Country: _________________________________________
Category of Photograph: (choose one, see description in contest rules)
__ Photographic Artist (see desription above)
__ Professional (see desription above)
Title of Photograph: _________________________________________ (example: "My View of the Trees")
Name of Photograph file: __________________ (example: IMG0023.PNG)
Tell us a little about you and your photo:
I am _________________ living in _____________________ and I enjoy ___________________________. I submitted this photograph because, to me, it captures or symbolizes ___________________________________.
What do you find unique about your photo; What you were trying to capture?
Anything unique about your visit to Oak Alley?
Type an "X" in this blank: _____ to tell us that you agree to all contest rules as posted.
* Include 1 photograph in each email. You may submit multiple emails if you have more than one photo to submit!