Free to Enter! Prizes to Win!
Spring 2017 Photography Contest : January 1st to April 30th, 2017
(For the previous contest, click here)
All Images Remain Property of the Photographer
Spring 2017 Oak Alley Plantation Photo Contest to Benefit Oak Alley Foundation
Enter in one of three categories (per photograph, not per photographer (For example, you may submit some images under Professional category and others under the Photograhic Art category):
1) Photographic Art (Professional or Amateur):
* Photograph is shot and / or processed in HDR.
* Photograph is heavily modified in Photoshop, Lightroom, etc. [more than just minor edits, color corrections and straightening].
* Photograph has had filters applied from Instagram, etc.
* Infrared photographs, 360-degree photos, panoramic photos, etc.
2) Professional: (If any one of these describe you and the image is not classified as Photographic Art)
* Ever sold a photograph.
* Ever had a photograph published in a magazine or newspaper.
* Ever been paid to take photographs for an event or person.
* Have previously won a photo contest.
* If none of the Professional categories describe you (or your photo).
* If this specific photo does not fit the description of Photographic Art.
* Copy all of the text in the entry form at the bottom of this page. Do not send as a Word document.
* Follow all instructions listed below.
- Each category will have a first place, second place and third place winner.
- Prizes to be awarded:
1st place in category: A Shutterfly photography book with your image on the cover.
2nd and 3rd place in category: A copy of the foundation's photography book, 'Capturing Oak Alley'.
All entries will receive access to a free downloadable copy of the eBook from this contest.
Judging will be completed within one month of the close of the contest. Our celebrity judges will be named in the resulting eBook.
Judges will be looking for high quality photographs that show Oak Alley Plantation at its finest, with an emphasis on unique perspectives.
- No cost to enter.
- Photos must be taken between January 1st and April 31st, 2017, and must be taken of, and from, the Oak Alley Plantation property.
- Photos must be submitted by midnight May 5th, 2017.
- Results will be announced on, or around, May 20th, 2017.
- Open to all ages and all countries. Non-U.S. winners must cover shipping costs of prizes. Participants aged 17 and under must have a parent or guardian submit their photograph(s) on their behalf.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of five (5) photographs. (Submit each file at the highest resolution that you can.) Each photographer can only win one time in one category, as determined by the judges.
- All photographs must be the original artwork of, and must be the sole property of, the submitter.
- Photographs must not contain any watermarks, signatures or other insignia identifying the photographer.
- Judges will be looking for high quality photographs that capture Oak Alley Plantation at its finest.
- Judges reserve the right to move photographs to other categories if they feel that category is more appropriate for a particular image.
- All decisions by judges will be final.
- Oak Alley Foundation and Oak Alley Plantation employees and their immediate families are able to participate, but are not eligible to win.
- Any photograph that contains nudity, violence, obscenity, profanity, hate speech, pornography or anything considered by Oak Alley Foundation to be offensive in nature will be rejected. Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to reject any entry without cause.
- All prizes will be shipped to U.S. addresses. International winners are responsible for shipping charges on all prizes.
- All photographs must be submitted electronically. Send in the highest resolution possible. RAW images should be color corrected and safed as TIFF images.
- Oak Alley Foundation is not responsible for mis-delivered or lost photographs.
- All photographs remain property of photographer. Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to use photographs in connection with this contest, for educational purposes, and in Oak Alley Plantation marketing, without payment and in perpetuity around the world. Oak Alley agrees not sell your photograph as artwork or as part of any item.
- Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to include the photograph in an eBook. eBook may be given away or used as a fund raising program for Oak Alley Foundation.
- Oak Alley Foundation reserves the right to modify the terms of this contest at any time, and without notice.
* Include 1 photograph in each form submission. You may submit multiple forms if you have more than one photo to submit!